January 25, 2010

WOW weekend


(After posting this, I viewed it. Whew, is it ever jumbled? Not sure what happened, nor am I sure how to fix it. So sorry!)

We made it back from WOW.

I may have a few more grays on the ole' noggin however. The children were good, but busting with energy!!!

I have Howe blood pulsing through my veins. I've never been busting with energy. All the Howe's that are reading this are smiling and nodding YES!!!

It was the Hockman blood in me that kept the kids in check. I had to make a couple (cough) speeches.

It rained the entire time we were there. So my shoes were slushy from Saturday evening till Sunday evening. Wet feet aren't too fun. My poor friend, Nancy, heard some whining out of me about it.

"Woe is me, I have wet feet."
"My feet are sooooooo wet."
"Are your feet cold?"
"I hate having wet feet."
and so on........
Good thing Nancy loves me. (smiling big) :)

This is Wayne Kerr. He is from Texas. I won't hold that against him. (hehe) He is married and has a husky. He also sings very well.

As a matter of fact, he sings so well, he gets paid to do it.

Wouldn't that be fun?

No one will pay me to sing......

They pay me to stop!!!!!























This man is VERY talented!!! He tells stories with sand pictures. He told us Jesus' story this weekend.

It made me love Jesus even more.

This sweet man's name is Joe. You can find his website here. You will not be sorry that you took 6 minutes to watch this.






Here are some of our youth. We took 20+ kiddos.



















This was the kids favorite part of the entire WOW. They were called "The Skit Guys". Go to youtube and search for them. They give God's message with a touch of humor. Here they are impersonating the boy band, NSYNC.









This is our youth pastor Kendra. She made the "big screen". She said, "anoooounnncemeeents, annooouncemeeenttts, anoooounccceemeeeentts!"


This group was fun and high energy. They sang Christian rap? I'm going to be honest, because you have come to expect this out of me......
They seemed like very nice people, however, I didn't understand a single word they said.
The kids loved them. I loved the beat. I loved the dancing.
But I wasn't sure if I was dancing to Christian music or JayZ?
Good thing you can google lyrics, huh?

























No comments:

Post a Comment