January 22, 2010

shoot-em'-up

So, when this is posted tomorrow, I'll be elbow to elbow on a church bus. SO FUN, I seriously cannot contain myself.

You should see the mountain of luggage that we are packing. Remember, we aren't staying in the Embassy Suites. It's a church floor (let me repeat) CHURCH FLOOR!!! Oh, my back is achin' already. Do you remember when you didn't think twice of those sorts of things? Man, I do. Those good ole' days. I used to bring blankets outside in the summer and sleep in the front yard. Bugs, chiggers, critters and all. I enjoyed it too. No one forced me! Doesn't that seem so strange? It was fun until someone drove by our house at 5:30 in the morning. I was a little embarrassed by the bed head and mascara eyes. Why didn't it occur to me to be embarrassed about sleeping outside? Golly, growing old really stinks!!!!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I thought that might make up for the few days I neglected you this week. Apology accepted? Hope so.

Ryan had a wonderful birthday!!! Ian gave him a PS3 game. Some sort of shoot-em'-up western. Gracie also gave him a PS3 game. Some other sort of shoot-em' up. However, not a western. I don't know. I probably should pay more attention. But folks, in general, I have mighty fine children. They are 91.5% good. So, I'm not going to get my underwear in a knot over a video game. There are SOOOO many other things that occupy my "worry time". That isn't one of them (at this moment).

Rick and I gave him a different type of gift this year. Mainly for two reasons......

1. He is getting VERY difficult to buy for!

2. He is growing up and NERF guns aren't as cool as they used to be. Neither are Lego's or Lincoln logs, action figures, dinosaurs, Barney videos, or board books.

So we bought him a hunt!!!! No, it's not another shoot-em'-up PS3 game. This is the real deal. With guns and dogs and feathered birds. If he behaves himself between now and then, we might even throw in bullets. How's that for parenting?

We met a man named Keith over a decade ago. He introduced Rick and I to bird hunting. This may very well be the only type of hunting I like.

Wanna know why?


Because I don't have to hold still OR be quiet!!!

We are also allowing him to take 7 friends (on a different day) to play paint ball. (Are you noticing a theme here?)

Lots of shooting around our house in the next month.

Now you guys/girls understand why I love Gracie's birthday parties so much. They are more fun for mommies.






No comments:

Post a Comment