December 24, 2009

Our Christmas Eve

It amazes me every year..... you spend months and months planning, then it's over. Things go back to normal. Is that weird to anyone else but me?

Santa, as always, was WAYYYYY too good to us.
Rick is reading our last Bible passages for the nativity.
I thought you might enjoy Gus from a new angle. This is, "I'm about to pounce on you angle, because you are on the floor and accessible to me".
This is the, "Does my breath smell okay to you angle?"
Congo is trying to figure out what Santa is searching for. Cat nip? A furry mouse? What is it?
Are you lost Santa? Do you need my guidance?

.....or do you just need some love?
Daddy is reading "The Night Before Christmas".
Ian always has trouble falling asleep on Christmas Eve. Santa knows if you are sleeping though. So, he didn't come to our house till all the kids were tucked in and asleep. Do you see him in this picture. Ian, not Santa....... Look very closely!!!
We have made reindeer food since the kids were wee lil' ones. This isn't ordinary reindeer food because Santa's reindeer aren't ordinary!!!!!! We add glitter, chocolate chips, carrots, and oats. In case you're wondering...... glitter is like magic to reindeer. It helps them fly!!!! Did you know that?

If you want to totally blow any sort of diet you are attempting. Try these babies!!!
I got this recipe from a dear soul. She doesn't seem to mind that I already have a "tight jeans" situation. Or that I am going to Florida in THREE MONTHS and have to wear a swimming suit.
If you are too thin and need to put on a few pounds, this is your recipe. Because I care, I will share it with you. NOTE: if you are going to be laying beside me on the beach in Florida, please eat a double batch. I need all the help I can get. (wink)

Alicia Early's Sticky Buns

Buy a package of Rhodes frozen (jumbo) cinnamon rolls
Follow the package instructions

When they have nearly doubled in size, you will begin the gooey deliciousness.

In a medium saucepan mix together:
1/3 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup of white corn syrup
Cook on low heat until sugar is combined and butter is melted.
Pour the gooey heaven into the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan. Sprinkle at least a cup of pecans into the mixture. Put the rolls on top. Bake at 350 degrees until rolls are done. Invert into another pan (the sticky gooey love will be on the top). Enjoy......... but be warned!!!!! People have been known to do crazy things for this sort of goodness. For instance, my husband danced on his tip-toes the first time I made them.


No comments:

Post a Comment