October 25, 2009

Catching you up

The flu bug has bit my red-head. He is missing his first day of school today. He is torn-up about it, I'm sure!!!
A diet of Motrin, applesauce and toast are in his future.
I'm sure he thinks that I'm a freak for sneaking up to his room and taking his picture this morning. Weirdo mom!!!


9 times out of 10, if someone has "good" news, it's usually accompanied by "bad" news. (that is my own statistic by the way. Based on 34 years of life and a "glass half empty personality").

So, the good news was that we have at least four happy and healthy puppies. The bad news, we have one who is a little less than happy and healthy and one who went to puppy heaven.

Thursday evening we noticed that one of our apricot females was under the weather. She was weak, cold and wouldn't eat. Rick and I were in panic mode. We brought her in the house. Wrapped her in some heated cloth and placed her in a box. This revived her some. We took her outside that night to nurse from momma. She fed and seemed like a happier pup. All was well the next morning. She still looked smaller than the rest but was plugging along. Saturday morning was a different story. She was, if possible, worse looking than the first time she was ill. Rick rushed her to the vet and he came home with a tube and syringe. This was how we were going to feed her.

I was on my way to Liberty for baseball practice when I got a text from Ian. "One of our puppies died". A lump rose in my throat and I felt sick to my stomach.

We have another who has been under the weather. We have been tube feeding it at least three times a day since Saturday. The others get bottles three or four times a day. The excitement from having new babies at our house has worn off, exhaustion (mental and physical) has set in. I worry about them constantly. I tube fed the baby last night for the first time. This responsibility has been left to Rick for the past couple days. Since he in on call tonight.....and the puppy HAS to be fed, I have no choice but to do it. I'm not sure why, but it gags me. I'm hoping that we are able to save it.

Wowser, I've been somewhat of a downer!!! Sorry.

These pictures might lighten my mood up some. It's their 1 week photos!!!!
Gracie loves holding the babies. She has a little trouble holding still though. It makes Jesse Jane nervous beyond nervous! So Grace gets to come in after the feedings.
I love how they are always piled on top of each other. My kids are never this close to each other. If they are, it's because there is a fight!
You are able to tell now the difference in colors. The two in the center are fawn. The one on the left and the two on the right are apricots. The fawns are both males and you can tell they are going to be massive!!! Thick necks and heads. I hope someone I know buys one of them so I can watch them grow.
Rick is a A+ bottle feeder!!! He took the first feedings of the morning so I wouldn't have to wake up so early. Isn't he precious!!! We did the night feedings together and I must say, we are very efficient. Parenting......I tell ya!!!!! (sigh)

Oh my goodness! Funny story alert!
We arrived at Ryan's game yesterday a little later than normal. Oh......15 minutes, or so. Not too bad, eh? We had 45 minutes until game time. By the time we arrived to the field with all our folding chairs, blankets, cameras, drinks, ETC., it was 30 minutes till game time. Ryan was visiting with other teammates while his coaches had puzzled looks on their faces. We had the wrong field!!! The right field was on the other side of the park. Oh jeez! So, we packed up the kiddos in the car again. Along with the chairs, blankets, camera, drinks, ETC. and drove to where we were supposed to be.

This is where we noticed our next problem. We only had 6 players. We needed 8. Without 8 we would have to forfeit the games. So.....guess who had to suit up. Our very own Ian Michael and another "little brother"! Awww....doesn't he look wonderful in pinstripes! As he was walking to the field, he said.."Mom, this is horrible!!!" Don't worry, we bribed him. Dinner of his choice! To him, that was worth it!!! To think.....I never thought I would see Ian in a baseball uniform again. Goes to show ya, never say never!!



Ryan pitched a no-hitter the second game.

One more week till baseball is done. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's not.
I'm going to miss the new friends that I have made. I'm going to miss the game.

I'm not going to miss the driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment