February 18, 2009

I am having a little difficulty with this post.  When I uploaded the pictures, it didn't do it properly.  Half of Ryan and Haley were cut off.  So I tried to edit it.  Now the description for the pictures and reversed.  So, please understand while reading this, that I'm not THAT big of an idiot!












These are the Easter cards that I made the other day.  I think that there were 20 of them.  I will give them to my girl's group and Rick and I's Sunday School class.  Cute and very simple cards.








This is a picture of Ryan and Haley Rucker.  Her parents, Marty and Susan, have been friends of ours for a long time.  The kids all play really well together.  We are at Gracie's basketball game.  I think that he is trying to entertain her.







Hullo, hullo.....

Anna....I promise, I will not share information on my whereabouts in this blog ANY MORE!!!  Or my husbands.  Deal?  Gotta love you, even if you are a worry wart.

So, I just walked in the door.  I've been slaving in the church kitchen.  I think that we made nearly 300 mini cheesecakes. (cupcake size)  Whew!  I was beginning to wonder if we would ever finish.  Our lunch was later than normal but we weren't going to miss out on Boji.  I would have went back to help but poor Gussy hadn't pottied since 9:00 this morning.  T.M.I.?  I was just really glad to be with the church ladies today.  I've been missing friends.  A little girl time is good for me now and then.  

I am glad that I have nearly finished the worst part of this week.  Thursday and Friday's are usually easier days.  We are going to the bank Friday to finish up an investment we finalized yesterday.  (again, Anna, I won't share.  hehe)  But if you call, I might tell ya.   I wish the investment was diamonds.  But unfortunately, it's not.  And gladly, it's not guns.  Which is what Rick says that they are.  So, I should get a diamond every time he gets a gun, right?  Humm, not the way it works.  Does this sound like something that irritates me?  Not really. 

I teach girls group tonight and I think that we are going to talk about "R" rated movies.  Ian's guitar teacher, Joyce Stark, always leaves Bible tracs out for the students to take home.  I picked this up yesterday.  It's very interesting.  It seems like our society has become more and more relaxed on what is acceptable.  I notice this even with myself.  So we will see how the conversation goes.  I'm anxious to see how they feel.  I'm really loving our little group.  I'm beginning to learn so much about them.  They are all so different.  I hope that what we teach them will "sink in".  They love just sitting around and talking about things.  Really deep and mature conversations.  

Well, I need to get ready for round today's round 2.  

Before I closed this, I wanted to include the recipe for the mini cheesecakes that we made today.  They are perfect for guests because the recipe makes lots of them.

You Will Need:
5 packages of full fat cream cheese
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 tsp. imitation vanilla
6 eggs
graham crackers
1/2 c. sugar
1 stick of butter (melted)

Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.   Then pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a food processor, mix two packages of graham crackers, 1 stick of butter and 1/2 c. sugar.  Pulse until completely blended and crackers are very fine.

Press into the bottom of the cupcake liners.  Use your fingers to pack it in there.  Bake in oven 7 to 10 minutes.

While the crust is baking, mix 5 packages cream cheese (softened), sugar, vanilla until creamy.  Scrape down the sides.  Then add eggs, one at a time.  Scrape sides again .

Scoop into cupcake liners until 1/2" shy of top.  They will rise some.  You will need a little space for the topping.

Bake until it just begins to brown.  Not all of them will.  Do not wait until they are completely brown.  Approx. 20 minutes.  I don't have exact times because we use large, commercial convection ovens.  The times will be different.  

We topped ours with cherry, strawberry and blueberry pie filling.

Some of them we added chocolate chips to the batter.

Some we added chopped snickers bars.

One batch we added melted chocolate to.  That one looked the best to me.  Use your imagination.  

Kuddos to Alicia Early.  My kitchen mommy and the best cook that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment