February 14, 2009


Mrs Gutshall's room was very festive this year.  Gracie brought little pink treasure chests loaded with candy.  The special part was that they all locked shut with a cute heart key.These are the red velvet cupcakes that I made.  I melted chocolate and put it in a ziploc bag.  Then created hearts.  I wanted to make our names to put on them, however, they broke when I tried to remove them.  Bummer
Ian's Valentine's box.  We named him Ducky because he was almost entirely wrapped in duct tape.
The head had see-thru holes.  We put hershey's kisses in them.
Little sacks that I made for special people in my life.  I stamped and embossed the fronts.  Scalloped the tops.  Then put lots of yummy candies in them.  
I LOOOOVVVVEEEE Valentine's Day.  I realize that it is super commercial.  But isn't it nice to tell those you love this they are the apple of your eye.  I guess that I am a romantic.   We had our special Valentines dinner last night.  We ate in the dining room (which only happens 3 or 4 times a year).  I decorated the table in pink and MORE PINK!!!  I made everyone's fav., shrimp pasta (only with chicken), cinnamon apples, brownies, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, dipped strawberries, and shirley temples.  Yummy!!!

We exchanged cards and gifts.  The kids all bought me a card with their own money.  I about bawled reading each one.  They were so special to me.  Rick got me a card that did make me cry plus he bought me a gift.  I am so lucky to have such a great family.  They are my reason for breathin'.

I went to Gracie's party and it was so cute.  She said that "It was the best party ever".  I brought Francine's for snacks.  She made these cute rice crispy jumbo hershey's kiss'.  I didnt put a picture on here of them.  Basically she molded rice crispy's into a large funnel.  Wrapped them in foil.  Then put in the "token" paper tags.  Not necessarily in that order.

Ian's robot was a hit at our house.  But he was beat out by another classmate in the contest.  There is always next year.  As my husband and his man friends say, bigger, better, faster.  


No comments:

Post a Comment