February 12, 2009


This is the finished result.  Mr. Metal Mouth.  I kindof think you look cute Ry.

Once they began, it only took a little bit.  They polished the teeth, put a special type of dental glue on them, placed the brackets, positioned the appliance, threaded the wire, and then put on the bands.  Voila!!!  
Getting ready for the dentist.  They were extremely busy, so the wait seemed like forever.  Ryan was excited and nervous.  

Yesterday was a day that I will always remember.  I picked Ryan up from school at 10:30 so we could head to the dentist.  I am going to pay a man to torture my son for the next two years.  Before you call DFS, he got braces.  Of all the things that I passed on to my oldest son, why did it have to be my teeth?  I've always regretted having crooked bottom teeth.  I even considered getting braces as an adult.  In the back of my mind, I know that it won't happen.  Sooo..I am determined not to let my children have crooked teeth.  We have known for a long time that Ryan was going to get them.  We waited until he lost all of his baby teeth.  I personally think that is smarter than putting them on too young.  

Dr. Rolfe put an appliance on the roof of his mouth.  That sounds weird, I know.  To be honest, I think it is weird.  You cannot visibly see it unless he opens his mouth wide and shows you.  The ultimate goal of this is to expand his palate.  I put a small wrench in and turn it once every evening.  We are hoping to only have to do this for a couple months.   He woke up this morning VERY sore.  I gave him a couple Advil.  Hopefully this gets better.  I just feel so bad for him.

On a lighter note...I am getting pretty pumped up about tomorrows Valentine's dinner.  I hope that it is fun.  I love this tradition.  The kids have pretty much made out the menu.  I will take plenty of pictures and post them over the weekend.  


No comments:

Post a Comment