February 4, 2009

Feb. 4th, 2009

I am so stinkin' excited about the furniture that was delivered yesterday.  It made our house feel so much cozier.  I would say that the most dramatic part was moving the living room furniture into the great room.  LOVE IT!!  I also like the new living room furniture.  I'm going to have to get used to those chairs though.  The next project will be the dining room.  I have an idea in my head of what I want.  I know it's going to be expensive, so it will probably be a while before I get it done.  

So yesterday was a sad day.  I attended the grave-side service of Jule Smith.  I don't believe that I had ever met him.  However, his daughter Nancy Mitchell is one of our closest friends.  It was a military service.  I was proud to be an American when they fired the shots for him.  They also came and folded the flag and presented it to Nancy's mom, Marilyn.  The service was lead by Greg Hughes.  It was just as Jule requested, short and simple.  

I attended Weight Watchers on Monday and lost 3.4 pounds.  Not bad.  I really hoped to lose 4 pounds.  Gonna have to work harder this week.  I pigged out on Super Bowl Sunday.  How stupid to do that the night before weigh-in.  Grandma and Grandpa Howe came over and stayed until half time.  I made chilli and cinnamon rolls, cookies, brownies, and cornbread.  It was de-lish.

Well I better get my rear in gear.  I need to be in the church kitchen in an hour.  Gonna feed Chillicothe.  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment