February 22, 2010

blog candy

Please send help........I am being tortured!


Would you consider sugar on your toast to be "a sweet"?

How about a chocolate protein bar?
(Even if the protein bar tastes like this......)


Or a hot mocha from McDonalds?

MY FAMILY DOES!!!!

They are relentless!!!

Not only am I having exceeding caffeine withdrawls, my taste buds have kicked into full gear for a bowl of mint chocolate ice cream. Honestly at this point, I would settle for a handful of jellybeans..... gum balls...... cherry sours...... sweet tarts..... (sobbing uncontrollably)


Because the monkeys are home from school and the considerable snow fall yesterday, we have no groceries. It's hard to find something palatable when you have no milk, eggs, or bread. Then to top it off, you cannot have pop or ANYTHING SWEET!


Why-oh-why do I do this to myself?


I'm holding strong though. I haven't let ANYTHING touch my lips that might be considered sugary, candied, and dare I say... delicious!!!


Would you like the recipe for this? I KNOW you do!!! Because I'm nice and I love you, I will share. However.... if you make it and bring it to my house, I may have to poke your eyes out!!!

Peach Crunch Cake

24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches in light syrup (throw it all in, including the syrup)
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into small pieces
1 cup brown sugar (because it isn't sweet enough)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (because you aren't nutty enough)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Layer ingredients in a 9 X 13" dish, in order starting with the peaches.

Bake for about 40 minutes. Easy Peasy!!!

Serve warm or cold... with or without ice cream. But really, won't the ice cream taste divine?

This is a version of a DUMP CAKE. My mom called it that when we were kids. Seriously, who would name a cake "DUMP CAKE".

Come on kids, here's the DUMP CAKE!!!!!!

We will call this cake.... "Peach Crunch Cake"



My inner child MADE me add this picture!
My crafty side made me add this one. (they are chocolate buttons) You can find them here.
all my photos came from HERE. My new favorite cooking website.

No comments:

Post a Comment