November 2, 2009

The best Halloween ever!!!!hi

Rick and Ryan got up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning. This has always seemed so crazy to me!!! 5:15 am those boys were bundling up. At 5:15 am, I was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Rick has tried to trick me a few times over the years. (surprised? I doubt it!) I sometimes get phone calls or texts saying that they have shot a deer. Or he comes home and says, "Let's go out and see the deer", when there is no deer. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I never know when to believe him. So, when I got a text from him at 9:00 that morning that said Ryan shot a buck, I didn't believe him. I actually sent him a text back that said, quit joking around. An hour went by and I had no response from him. I called his parents to see if they heard anything. NOPE!! Rick called later and said that Ryan shot a buck but they jumped him twice. They were going to round up a couple friends to help track him. OK, I believed him then. Rick, have you ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf? You are that boy!!!!!

So, Ryan did shoot a nice buck. See?

I'm glad that you guys do this together. Even though I complain about it sometimes. I'm still glad.

You might remember that Ian was under the weather Friday. He had fever, cough, etc.. Something amazing happened through the night. My boy was healed!!!! I believe that it was his strong desire to go Trick or Treating. But, maybe not?

Anyway, he decided to go hunting with Grandpa (since his Daddy was already in the field with Rick). Ian isn't as picky as Ryan about what deer he shoots. He'll shoot the first thing that walks in front of him. He even told me that he would shoot a opposum if that was the first thing he saw. I liked that (made mommy laugh).

I may not have mentioned that Rick upgraded his phone a couple weeks ago and Ian got his old one. Ian is a texting machine. I can't GET Ryan to carry his phone. Ian ALWAYS has his. So, EEE and I are texting while he is hunting. The conversation went a little like this... {I am going to write this exactly as he did}

Ian: I saw the first deer and there is two.

Me: Did u shoot?

Ian: Not yet to far away

Ian: I shot a doe and she is down

Me: Awesome!!!

Ian: Grandpa says dad needs to come with the fourheeler (his spelling) because he can't lift it

Me: OK. He is getting around. Is she dead?

Ian: I shot five times because the first time I only hit her back legs

Me: (while laughing at his last text) At least u got her! I would have shot my foot.

Ian: I got a huge not (his spelling) on my head

I hope this is as funny to you as it was to me. I was rolling!!!!

He wasn't lying, he shot the deer five times!!!! Why? I'm not exactly sure. He said she kept raising her head. What do you do if a shot deer raises her head? I guess you shoot her again. And again and again. You get the idea!!!! I have ALWAYS taken pictures my boy's deer. As I did this one. But people, you really don't want to see it. She looks a little like furry swiss cheese. Sorry for the visual, but really, I just cannot post it. If you feel really brave, send me your e-mail address and I will send it to you. Just know this..... one of the shots I could put my fist through. Ugly, ugly, ugly!!!!

Moving on....
We went to Grandma and Grandpa's for Halloween. She made delish veggie soup and chilli as she promised. We trick or treated, passed out candy, visited with Fontella and Dana. All in all, we had a wonderful evening!!!!

And Ryan played his last baseball game of 2009 yesterday. :( I'm gonna miss those rascals!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment