November 16, 2009

Our Family Get-Together (and the food)


Our babies are now eating a pureed mixture of Science Diet and milk. They are super messy. However, even messy, these sweeties are precious!!

UPDATE:
Before I tell you about our scrumptious family dinner Saturday. I must let you know how Gus-Bus is doing. I took him to the vet around 9:00 am. They said that he had an ulcer in his eye. We think that he may have poked it somehow. Not sure on what. They took him into surgery and I am still waiting on the report. I am supposed to call around 3:00 or 3:30. They assured me that this isn't a life or death issue. Just mainly an inconvenience and maybe even cosmetic. But if you know Gus at all, there isn't much foo-foo to him. What you see if what you get. I would still appreciate your prayers. This big guy has stole my family's heart and we love him dearly.

Our family has a tough time getting together for the holidays. Everyone has separate obligations and responsibilities. It just gets difficult to coordinate every one's schedule. So we agreed to meet before the holidays and have a yummy feast.
This is two of four tables. Oh, the food. The yummy, tasty, delectable food! Let me pause for a minute in remembrance............................................................................................................................ still remembering.....................................(sigh) there. At least our family thanks God for it before we devour it.

My family sure knows how to set up a spread!!!! Cakes, pies, turkey, ham, potato's, casseroles, noodles, homemade rolls, and enough desserts to fill an entire table. Wow!!!!! I was stuffed...... sleepy......... happy. Ahh, even talking about it makes me want to nap.

My family can also do some serious damage to a table of food. Here is the evidence.
My signature white chocolate raspberry cheesecake..... gone!!!

Grandma Charlotte's famous pies...........gone!!
Sweet potato souffle........ gone!!!!
Heather's cheesy potato's......... gone!!!

and last but certainly not least, my Uncle Tom's (can't eat just one.....or even two) angel rolls.

The motto at our family dinners is, "Get what you want on the first trip (and lots of it) because it probably won't be there when you go for seconds." NOTHING WILL BE WASTED!!! WE ARE VERY HUNGRY PEOPLE!!!! I miss my family and their food. I wonder if we can arrange another "get together" next weekend?

After dinner this is what the women get to do........
and this is what the men do. Humm. Interesting. Very interesting?

I still love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment