March 3, 2009

Ian Michael is sporting his version of the 70's in this Pink Floyd t-shirt.
Gracie's shirt says, Peace, Love and Candy.  A girl after my own heart.
John Lenon.  The father of the 70's.
Yoko Ono and Cher made an appearance.  (also known as Becky and Donna)
The guest of honor.  Bobby Dale Jr., my daddy-o.


I began a new Beth Moore Bible Study this morning.  Actually, thats not true.  I listened to the introduction yesterday.  So this is officially the second day.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I'm in a dry spell right now.  Need the Lord to perk me up.  I was frustrated when I began because I wasn't in the mood.  There is always something else that I can think of doing besides that.  Nothing in the study was making sense to me.  Then at the end....the icing on the cake.

Beth Moore says, "Has a negative event or a near-eternal wait recently made you lose hope about something important to you?  Do you have any natural reasons to think that whatever your "once upon a time" might have been, it can never be now?"  

"Unless you've lived in a place I've never found, with all your heart's desires met and without a soul who annoys you, Job was pretty accurate when he said, "Man (or woman) born of woman is of few days and full of trouble" Job 14:1.  Beloved, something is always wrong!"

"I'm hoping for us to grasp that no life is free of troubles, regardless of religion, race or nation.  In fact, as Job said, every life is full of it.  When we trust our lives to the hand and pen of an unseen but ever-present God, He will write our lives into His story and every last one of them will turn out to be a great read.  With a grand ending.  And not just in spite of those catastrophes.  Often because of them.  Don't just wait and see.  Live and see."

Well....I want that to be true.  Sometimes I need someone to say to me.  Mandy Jean, you are not the only one who has "things" happening.  It is so easy for me to get self-absorbed.  We all want the fairy tale life.  With the..."Once upon a times" and the "happily ever afters".  At least I do.  I once read a quote that said, "Why do they say, don't sweat the small stuff.  Because to you, it's not small."  Anyway, I found that to be true.  I just need to be reminded occasionally that 99.9% of the Earth's population has it worse than me.  I hope and pray that I learn and grown abundantly in the next few weeks.  I'm always excited when God gives me spiritual food.  My question is......Why do I let myself go without it?

OK, let me get off my soapbox and upload some pictures of my Dad's retirement party.  
Have a great Tuesday!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment