March 2, 2009

AAAA-CHOOO!!!

Last school year we were all incredibly healthy.  Ian even received Royals tickets from school for perfect attendance.  Ryan and Gracie maybe missed one day each.  
So, what has happened THIS year.  One of the five of us has been sick since November.  Rick was sick last Wednesday till Friday.  So, Saturday night, I get icky.  I'm not completely down.  I just feel tired and sneezy, and runny, and did I say tired?  So, I managed to get through helping Gracie's class count by 10's, 5's, and 2's.  Recognize shapes (do you know what a rhombus and trapezoid looks like, I do?)  Then we counted money.  Not too fun when you don't feel well.  When I walked upstairs to the classroom I saw a big bag of potting soil and seeds.  I got all excited.  Maybe I will get to do something fun today.  No.  Boring!!  But I'm glad that I went, like always.  My highlight, of course, was working with my favorite little girl in the whole, wide world.

I told you that I had a surprise for you last Friday.  Sorry that I didn't write this sooner.  Time just traveled a little quicker than I expected it would.  We had a little surprise party for my Dad in Hamilton, MO.  It turned out to be a lot of fun.  I really enjoy being with my family.  I wish that we were able to do it more often.  We had a 70's theme party.  I have to say that my sister, Becky, and my mom, Donna, won the prize.  I didn't hold a candle to their get-ups with my silly peace t-shirt.  Ryan's looked pretty cute however.  He sported John Lenon.  We had fondue with all kinds of dippers, shredded pork roast, baked potatoes, baked beans, la-ta-da-ta-da.  On and on.  More food than I could tell you.  We covered five tables.  That is one thing that the Howe's do well, we can sure bring in the food!!!!  I should have taken a picture, but others might think that we are gluten's.  

Before today, I felt well enough to clean my filthy scrapbook room.  I have to be the messiest crafter there is.  In Ali Edwards (my scrappin' hero) post last week, she took a picture of her room before and after.  There is no way that I would have showed you the before.  I am so compulsive about the rest of the house.  I'm not sure why I let that slide.  Now that I've cleaned it, I've lost my creative spark.  The juices aren't flowing anymore.  

Rick and I are going on an overnight this weekend.  I have really been missing him lately.  We decided together that he should work more e.r. in January and February so he wouldn't have to work so much this Spring and Summer.  It seemed logical at the time.  But we didn't take into consideration that we wouldn't be able to spend much time together.  (doesn't make any sense, does it?) We are both needy people.  When we aren't together for long periods of time, we start getting snippy and cranky with each other.  Nothing that a little R & R wouldn't fix.  So, I'm glad just to be with him.  Hang out.  Catch up.  Then in two more weeks, we are going to San Antonio.  That is not a place that I ever would have picked to go.  We have found some fun things to do together though and I'm really looking forward to it.  The light is finally at the end of the tunnel.

The kids are getting ready for bed.  I, embarrassingly, aren't too far behind them.  It's not even 9:00.  So, I guess that I will post the pictures of the party tomorrow.  Just too stinkin' tired to do it tonight.  There isn't much going on tomorrow so I should have time.

Later gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment