March 24, 2009

Home, Safe, & Sound

Our second day in Texas, we went to Sea World.  We all know that Shamu lives there, but did you know that this guy does too?  This was the shark tank.  I wanted to see the big guy, you know, Jaws.  But he wasn't there.  I would say the biggest shark was probably 10 feet long.  LONG ENOUGH!!  Check out those teeth!!!  Wouldn't want to dive into this tank.
We tried to see several shows while we were here.  This was an acrobat and Beluga whale show. Very interesting.  Crazy too!  The acrobats were diving into this tank from what seemed like miles above.  NO WAY JOSE!!!  The Beluga whale was really neat.  I wish that I had the time to post all the pictures.  I took lots and lots this day.
I wouldn't be able to catch this shot again in a million years.  We went to the alligator exhibit and this brave little turtle was catching a ride.  "HELLLLLOOO, Mr. Turtle, are you stoned?  That is an alligator, dude!")  awwww, neither seemed to care.  Maybe they are buddies?  
Of course, I can't show you Sea World pictures without showing you Shamu.  These are the smartest creatures.  I cannot believe the relationship that the trainers have with them.  What a dream job.
When Rick and I get away, something happens to us.  It's like we are dating.  All the day-to-day responsibilities are thrown out the window.  We enjoy each other, simple as that.  I'm so thankful to have a husband that still opens doors for me, gets more enjoyment out of buying me things than himself, and tells me sweet things that I'm not going to share with anyone else. I am a lucky girl!!!
We drove to a small town called Fredricksburg for our first morning in Texas.  There were lots and lots of small shops.  It felt a little like Weston, MO to me.  I couldn't believe all the flowers.  Even the lilacs were blooming.  (did I mention that lilacs are my favorite scent?)  We spent nearly all day there.  This was a bead shop.  We found a chicken IN THE STORE!!!  How often do you see that?  The store owner had given him a few pieces of bread.  I was trying to get close enough for Rick to take my picture.  The rooster wasn't buying it.  He wanted no part of me.  
This was my favorite store.  OMGoodness!!  Pretties everywhere!  The window was amazing.  I was trying to take a picture of this gorgeous rabbit, but the glare of the window kept showing.  It wouldn't do it justice.  Decorating ideas were popping into my head the whole time I was in this shop.  We bought Gracie a little stuffed bunny here.  We are probably going to hold it back for her Easter basket though.

I have to admit that I hadn't even heard of the River Walk until we planned this trip.  Boy, was it amazing.  It stretched on for what seemed like miles and miles.  Without Rick, I would have been lost many times.  This was the view from our hotel balcony.  Rick spent a lot of time out here reading.  He would get up in the morning (letting me sleep in), take his book out here....watching the people and reading.


I will post more pictures this week.  Lots and lots more to share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment