July 30, 2009

Hole In The Wall



I love my boys. I love my boys. I love my boys.
I had to repeat this over and over to myself yesterday. Especially after they told me they knocked a hole in the wall. A perfect little circle. Approximately the size of a half dollar.
How did this happen....... you ask? Baseball. Those beloved boys of mine were playing baseball in the house. EEEEKKKKK!!!!
I knew something was wrong when I heard Ian bawling and Ryan trying to comfort him. You see, this usually only happens when Ryan has done something that he knows he is going to get in trouble for, and doesn't want to arouse attention from "the momma". Then I heard Ryan say, "Ian, it was an accident, I will tell mom." My heart sunk. I knew that something was on fire or they poured bleach on the carpet. It's one of those mommy things. You just know. Ian was bright red and trying to catch his breath and Ryan was the diplomat. Very calmly and softly explained that although it was very small and hardly noticeable, there was a teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy hole in the wall. He also told me that he realized they shouldn't be playing baseball in the house. Very smooth, Ryan, very smooth!! So, the punishment is. They have to fix it themselves. (with Dad's supervision, of course). The second part of the punishment, they had to call "the Daddy" and tell him. Ryan said, "Ian, would you like me to talk first, or would you?". Ian said, "I wouldn't like to talk to him at all!!!!!".
One of these days, this will be funny!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment