July 10, 2009

A Yummy Summer Treat

I made lemon bars at the beginning of the week.  Ian said that they are his second favorite dessert now.  (cheesecake would be his fav.)  I have been watching the food channel too much.  I had the idea to "plate" the food.  (which basically means to stage it), then snap a pic.

Since we had to bring recipe cards to stamp club last night.  I made everyone a copy of the pictures along with the recipe.  

So, if you're reading this...... consider your taste buds lucky.  This is one mighty fine treat!!!!



Lemon Bars


Prep: 27 minutes Cook: 50 minutes

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar

3/4 cup butter or margarine

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

4 large eggs, lightly beaten

2 cups sugar

1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional..... but yummy)

1/3 cup fresh lemon juice

powdered sugar



Combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.  Spoon mixture into a greased 13 x 9” pan; press firmly until crust is lightly browned.

Combine remaining 1/2 flour and baking powder; set aside.  Combine eggs, 2 cups sugar, lemon rind, if desired, and lemon juice; stir in flour mixture.  Pour over prepared crust.

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and set.  Cool on a wire rack.  Dust lightly with powdered sugar; cut into bars.

Yield: 2 dozen

I could seriously take a picture everyday of the lily pads on our pond.  
First of all.... how did they get there?  They didn't show up until last year.
Second.... unless I did it in my sleep, I'm pretty sure that I didn't plant them.  

That's OK, I'm not complaining.  LOVE THEM!!!
Chester spends most of his day sleeping.  I've noticed that since Gus has joined our family a year ago, he lives on higher ground.  The floor isn't safe anymore.  I even had to put their food dish on the counter in the laundry room.  

This is a face that only momma could love!!!!

I finished my first week of my Esther bible study.  You cannot imagine how it's speaking to me.  Without being mystical, God is revealing some pretty big things to me.  Things that I haven't uttered to a soul.  Hope that I can tell you someday.  Until then, I'm going to be patient and wait.  
(that wasn't very nice of me to dangle bait in front of you, was it?)

Gracie finished her season last night with two smash hits.  Rick helped her pick a lighter bat and that made ALL the difference.  Way to go, Gracie!!!  Rick wiped the dust off the video camera and caught some of it on film.  We plan to compile a summer baseball DVD.  Watch out future girlfriends/boyfriends, you WILL see this someday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment