January 20, 2011

Closets and Tuppence

                       Do you remember the song in Mary Poppins called, "Feed the Birds"?




Early each day to the steps of Saint Paul's
The little old bird woman comes.
In her own special way to the people she calls,
"Come, buy my bags full of crumbs.

Come feed the little birds, show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do.
Their young ones are hungry,
Their nests are so bare;
All it takes is tuppence from you."

Feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag.
"Feed the birds," that's what she cries,
While overhead, her birds fill the skies.

All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
Look down as she sells her wares.
Although you can't see it, you know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares.

Though her words are simple and few,
Listen, listen, she's calling to you:
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag,
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag."




 I never realized how much enjoyment I would get out of watching birds.  Until this year I never even owned a bird feeder.  Aside from a humingbird feeder I hang up in the Spring.  
 


This is as close as Mr. Blue Jay would come to the feeder.  You cannot know how badly I wanted a close up.  At one point, this blue jay and a cardinal were within three feet of each other.  I guess they are camera shy.  I will not give up though.  If it means that I have to sit by that window for hours.  I will capture the shot I want.  


So, anywhoo, the closet is very near to being finished.  Our carpenter is coming back Tuesday to switch the lights out and install the toe kicks.  THEN WE ARE DONE!!!!  I love organization folks.  I love it more than ball park nachos.   
  
                                            before                                                        after
       
before
after

  
                                         before                                                           after

Beginning of construction looked a little like this.  


Now, you get to see how my room looked during construction.  It was a TOTAL disaster.  Imagine me digging through this giant heap to find my clothes.  Sadly..... this was only MY side of the bed.  I guiltily admit that I also had two large piles on the great room couch.  Then at least four large rubbermaid tubs full.  Trust me, I did a much needed clothing purge.  
I spy with my little eye............ CONGO!  (look closely)
I'm a neat freak by nature, so this type of upheavel sets me over the edge. 
To top it off, Rick and I couldn't sleep in our bed.  The first night we tried the queen spare bed, nuh-uh!  The second night, I opted for the couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment