May 11, 2010

Gripe, gripe, and more gripe!!!

PEOPLE........... I AM FWEEZING!!!! I say FWEEZING because my teeth are chattering and I cannot say freezing!!! I've got on socks, UGGS, sweat-pants, a t-shirt, a hoodie, and I'm chugging coffee by the gallon.

Here is the forcast today.........

Today: partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Tonight: mostly cloudy. Chance of showers, thunderstorms in the evening, then showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent. Wednesday: considerable cloudiness in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Wednesday Night: showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the lower 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest after midnight. Gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Thursday: cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph. Thursday Night: mostly cloudy in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. Friday: partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Friday Night: mostly cloudy. Lows around 50. Saturday: cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 70. Saturday Night And Sunday: mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Highs in the lower 70s. Sunday Night: partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Monday: partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s.

and now they are throwing THIS my way......

Flood Warning:

Issued at: 4:09 AM CDT 5/11/10, expires at: 4:08 AM CDT 5/12/10

The NWS in pleasant hill mo has issued a
Flood warning for the grand river near sumner. From this morning to Sunday afternoon. At 3:45 am Tuesday the stage was 20.1 feet. Flood stage is 26.0 feet. Moderate flooding is forecast. Forecast, rise above flood stage by this morning and continue to rise to near 35.0 feet by early Wednesday afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage by Saturday afternoon. At 28.0 feet, rural roads are under water. At 26.0 feet, rural land adjacent to the river is flooded. At 23.0 feet, bottomland 1 to 2 miles south of the gage begins to flood.

If you ask me, (and I know you are) I believe someone is playing a big-ole trick on us. Teasing us with 80 degree temperatures and sunshine. Then throwing rain and cold back in the forecast. Bah humbug, I say..............

Well moving on!!!!!

I'm happy to say that Mother's Day was somewhat mild and sunny.
Gracie had some outside fun with Cookie. She thought some fresh grass would make the little fuzzball happy.

Then Ian and Rick helped me get the tomatoes, onions, peppers and strawberries in the ground.
Before you send me comments about Ian's jeans............. I know!!!!! They are been well loved and I don't let him out of the yard in them. I even debated about whether to include them in my blog. After much thought, I decided.......... life at the Smith's isn't always pretty. So, jeans on the blog it is. He will argue that they are his favorite.



Lastly, I thought I would leave you with a nest of ugliness. Two momma birds made nests in our yard.
All I'm saying is........ Good thing human babies aren't born looking like this. I will photograph them in a couple weeks. Hopefully they grow out of this phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment