July 6, 2010

Middle School Mission Trip 2010



I have recently noticed that July and August are the months that I post the least. Probably because I'm up to my eyeballs in the kids schedules. My mojo has always come back around in September. So, please, bear with me.

I uploaded a few pictures from my middle school mission trip. We had an amazing time. It was by far the best mission trip I've been on. A clean shower, reasonable sleeping conditions, good food and "mostly" well behaved children.

Dale and Walker are weed-eating the yard of a non-profit thrift store in Reed Springs, MO. It is called Blessings. We sorted clothing, cleaned out a storage area, built shelves and worked on landscaping.
We stayed at a Methodist church in Reed Springs called Lifesong. We took this group photo after our morning devotion and scripture reading.
Every evening we had youth led worship. Although we were all dog-tired, I think we all learned something by it.
Our first night we went to a small amusement park called Track 5. The kids (and some adults...ahem) enjoyed go-carts, bumper boats, laser tag, ect. .


These two boys were the front of the bus entertainment. If I heard them sing "Stay Puft" once, I heard it 4,000,000 times.


The kids were banned from cell phones during the day. Kyle was making do with an Elmo phone he found in the church nursery.

I'm hoping to make a video tonight. If I can figure it out, I'll post it to my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment