August 30, 2011

Why I Snap....

I love photography.  For me, it's the only way I can stop those fleeting moments.  I know that I cannot literally stop time, however, I have a still of that exact second.  It seems my monkeys have grown so quickly.  Photography gives me proof that they weren't born 6' tall.  It gives me proof that I have run them to countless baseball, basketball, football and gymnastic practices.


I love photography because..... it allows me to stop moments in my life.  My wee little brain is only capable of storing so much.  Pictures revive my memory.  They tell me..."Oh yeah, I remember going to the park to walk trails with the kids".  Just silly memories that are usually only important to my family and friends.  

Photography also calms me.  Yesterday morning I went for a walk around Rocky Ridge Farm.  I took Mr. T, my faithful steed, and my iphone.  I didn't want to lug around my bulky Canon.  I learned that taking a walk with the idea of snapping pictures, helped me open my eyes.  I looked for things that were interesting......pretty......different.  Without my phone, I would have stared at my shoes.  That, friends, is not as fun.  Especially since they were soaking wet with morning dew.  

So, I thought I would share with you some recent iphone pictures.  I used vintage filters on all of them with a free app called Instagram.  


Gracie and I having a little mustache fun.


The woods in our bottom field.


A rising sun.


A lilly pad seed pod.  


A small patch of thistle.


My good ole' dog


The carnival at the MO State Fair


This is the first hydrangea that has lasted more than a year at my house.  They are my favorite flower but for some reason, they don't like me!


Gracie eating cotton candy at the Royals game.


Sheep nestled in their pens at the MO State Fair


My giant son who towers over me now.  


A rooster that really should be living at my house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment