August 9, 2011

In memory of my "Ungle" ♡



It sure seems strange how much things can change in a year.
Really, things can change drastically within a day.

One year ago today changed my family forever.
It was the beginning of 2-a-days (football) for Ryan.  I dropped him off super early that morning.  It all seemed so routine.  Wake up, get the kiddos ready, make a pot of coffee, you know, the stuff you do every day.  While I was sitting in my car, waiting to pick him up, I got a phone call that no one ever wants to get.
It was Josh (my cousin who is as close as a brother to me), he told me that my Uncle Mike was in a wreck and was gone.  
So one minute........normal
The next..........destroyed.

The next hours seem like such a blur and honestly, I really don't want to think about it.

I miss him terrribly. 
My kids miss him.
My family misses him.
My Pammy misses him.

While today is going to be hard for us, I am also rejoicing in all that has happened in the past year.
I've learned that my family is thick as mud.
I've learned that it's ok to cry on each other's shoulders sometimes.
I've learned that we are stinkin' tough!!


This picture is special to me because it also has Tegan in it.  We lost her a week before Mike.  



This picture is how I remember Mike.  Smiling most of the time.  He even smiled while watching commercials.  lol  

What a good man and what a legacy he has left.
I love you Mike.  

I thank you for all our talks.  
I thank you for sharing Jesus with me.  
I thank you for taking us to the river. 
 I thank you for playing games with my kids.  
I thank you for your silly jokes.  
I thank you for making breakfast when I spent the night.
I thank you for babysitting my kids.
I thank you for loving my kids like your own grandchildren.
I thank you for taking such good care of Pammy.
I thank you for late night trips for ice cream.
I thank you for scrapbooking with me.
I thank you for nature walks and jumping across rocks at Burr Oak.
I thank you for your special song on my birthday.
I thank you for everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment