August 26, 2011

Not So Bloggie

Now that the kids are in school, I'm finding I have more time to blog.  
That's a good thing.
Except, I'm not feeling so bloggie.  I'm not sure that I have ever been speechless before.   Even worse, my annoying sarcasm has left me.  I know, I'm shocked too.

So, I've always found that when I'm not feeling so wordy, a top 10 is the answer!!!!
So here goes...........

1.  I had the oil changed in my SUV today.  My "oil change required" light has only been blinking for three weeks or so.  (ahem)  I was waiting in the lobby when the service man told me my rig was finished.  He said, "We gotter' finished.  Everything looks good.  You might want to put mouse poison in your garage though, because we found dog food and poopie in your air filter."  NICE!  EMBARRASSING!  I'm getting an outdoor cat by the way.  Maybe three or four of them.  Maybe ten or twelve.

2. I'm reading a book that I'm not too excited about.  It's called "100 cupboards".  The OCD in me won't let me quit until I finish it.  This may be the first time that I've started a series and only read one.  I am not, I repeat, I AM NOT, cracking the spine of the second and third book.  Please remind me I said this.

3.  My red-head has his first 2011 football game tonight.  Around 10:00 p.m., he handed me his home/away jerseys, and said, "I need my name sewn on these by tomorrow morning".  Since I'm not  a seamstress, I worked till 12:00 a.m. on them.  
Me + no sleep = grouchy!!!!!

4. I'm excited to watch the very first episode of Pioneer Woman Saturday morning.  I may tape it and watch it later.  Still not sure what I will be doing this weekend.

Here is the link to a sneek peek of the show

5. These made me laugh this week and I couldn't resist sharing.
6. A dear, sweet lady named Carolyn is always treating our family with her baking.  She visits Rick at his office in Norborne and sometimes brings goodies.  One of our favorite things is her cookies.  They are gigantic and scrumptious.  She has brought us two pecks of peaches recently and I'm so glad to get them.  I plan on making a cobbler or a pie out of them.  I made jam out of the first batch.
If you read this Carolyn, thank you......thank you.....thank you!  You're the best and we adore you!



In case you're wondering......(which I'm sure you are not), I've been experimenting with food photography.  It's kinda fun.


7. I am still making breakfast each morning for the monkeys.  I wake up at 6:00 a.m. to get everything started.  I made bacon and egg cups yesterday morning and they were delish.........and easy!!!!  I will put the recipe at the bottom of this post in case you are interested.  


8. An organization bug has bit me.  That usually happens about three times a year.  All my drawers are getting a make over........and I like it.  

9. I just found someone who is bringing me two outdoor kitties.  Yeah!!!  No more dog food in the air filters.  That, my friends, is reason to celebrate!

10. I am stalking Pinterest and Martha Stewart for Halloween decorating ideas.  Yup, I know........I'm crazy! 


Bacon and Egg Cups

1 package of pre-made pie crust
1/2 lb. bacon (or 6 slices), cooked and crumbled  (I cut my bacon up into tiny pieces before I cook it.  I think that makes it easier.  It's completely up to you though.)
12 eggs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Unroll pie crusts and cut circles with a large mouth cup.  Put the circles into a greased muffin pan.  Press the dough into the holes to form a cup.

In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.  You can add the cheese now but I like to put it into each cup so they are consistent.  

Fill each muffin pan cup half full of egg mixture.  
Add cheese, onion, bacon, sausage, peppers, mushrooms....whatever your little heart fancies.  

Bake for 20 minutes until the crust is light brown.  

No comments:

Post a Comment