The most handsome Grandpa in all the world!!!!!!!
My white chocolate blackberry cheesecake.
Almond-topped Pumpkin Cheesecake. You will find the recipe here.
Grandma Charlotte's famous pecan pie
To work off some holiday calories, we headed outside for some target practice. These photos remind me of the movie "Cold Mountain".
Anyway, this is Rick shooting...........
Tomorrow marks the beginning of December Daily.
This is a little project that I am bound and determined to finish. I read Ali's blog everyday (and heart her). I'm going to try to focus on the journaling/recording of memories....... and less on the embellishments. That is going to be hard for me as I'm about "the decorating".
Hopefully I won't be a December Daily Drop-out.
I will try to post my pages bi-weekly. Notice I said that I will TRY!
Recipe for almond-topped cheesecake
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup eggnog
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Place a greased 9 inch springform pam on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; securely wrap foil around pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, almonds, sugar and pumpkin pie spice; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, eggnog, flour, syrup and spices until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
4. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan (also known as a water bath. I do this with all my cheesecakes. It makes them moist and prevents cracking) Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until center is just set.
5. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over hot cheesecake. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 15-18 minutes longer or until center is just set and appears dull.
6. Remove the springform pan from the water bath. Cool on a wire rack for one hour. Refridgerate overnight.