August 6, 2010

A Few New Things

Girls and boys,
Meet the latest member of the Smith family..............
I know..... she's pretty. But really.......... another mouth to feed.
Another litter box. (sigh)

Ian found her in the barn. He gently placed her in an igloo cooler (which didn't set well with the kitty). She was thin, so we gave her some of Congo's food. She ate.... and ate..... and ate. The poor baby was hungry.

I told the kids that it's hard to contain a stray cat. If she stuck around for three days, we could name her.

Her name is Misty....... Misty Smith.
Already we have had an incident involving Misty, T-bone, the BBQ grill, and me in my underwear in the middle of the night. I will spare you the details. Just trust me when I say, it's never dull around here!!!!!

New #2
Every August we get a letter in the mailbox telling who our new teachers will be. Since the boys are in Middle School (or "metal school" as Gracie says) and High School, they no longer get letters. However Gracie does. She and I have stalked our mailbox. She knows the approximate time the mail lady comes. So, we go check.
Finally, we got the letter! It's Mrs. Bonderer. Her first name is.... (drumroll please)... Gracie! How fun is that?

I'm always so excited for the monkeys to be out of school. Friends, I'm ready for it to begin again.
I'm ready to have a schedule.
I'm ready to spend less than a million dollars at the grocery store every week.
I'm ready to hear "I'm telling Mom" a little less.
I'm ready to clean the house and have it stay that way for more than 15 minutes.

Give me a month, I'll be wishing for them to be home again.

Things are dying in my yard at record pace. Everything in pots has a brown-ish hue. The plants are crunchy and I'm pretty sure that means their dead. I may have set an all-time personal record. I kept them alive until August 1st.

I'm looking forward to mums, I guess! Geez, it won't be long!

Lastly,
I thought I would show you the new man in my life (don't tell Rick). Aunt Pam introduced him to me and it was love at first sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment