June 16, 2011

Jamaica (the 3rd and final)


This is the final intallment of the Smith Jamaica Vacation for two reasons.
1. Because it really makes me sad looking at beach pictures when it's raining and cloudy in Missouri.
2. Because a million gazillion other things are happening around here that I'm not blogging.


The starfish in Jamaica were gigantor!  They had suction cups and they weren't afraid to use them.  
Mwa Ha ha!!!


See what I'm saying about looking at beach pictures.  I have lots of great memories and even more photos, but really, must I look at them!  


Gracie was gracious and allowed her mother another mini photo session.


I love this picture.  All my peeps are in it!


It was almost as if the locals could sense a small horse lover on the beach.  We weren't even settled into our loungers when a man and a young boy were soliciting horse rides.  Gracie was giving us a puppy-dog look and I'm a sucker for the puppy-dog look.  
I sighed and forked over $10.  Then I followed behind them the entire ride because they weren't getting 5 ft away from me with my baby girl.  
The horses weren't exactly well fed but Gracie didn't care.  Her horse's name was Ginger and it was love at first sight.


I loved that this picture captured Ian digging in the sand and Gracie on the horse.  


Ginger and Gracie went for a little dip.


Ginger's owner put her in the water so Gracie's crazy mother could take the 100th picture of her horse ride on the beach. 
Ginger was being VERY still.  She stood exactly where he put her without moving a single step.  I was impressed at how well the animal was behaving.  
Later on that day, I was reviewing the pictures I had taken so far, when I noticed that Ginger was still for a reason.  She may have been eliminating her bladder.  I could be wrong, but her stance and the yellow stream where huge red flags.  Just saying!






The resort had several restaurants, this one was named "Kimonos".  It was Jamaica's version of a Japanese Steak House.  



Now we are all settled into our routines again.  Laundry is as caught up as it can be (it's never really done).  I have attended approximately 8 baseball games, attended Chillicothe's football mini camp, watched 3 football scrimages, stayed in two different hotels, driven the boys (plus a friend) to 7 weightlifting sessions, and went to one basketball practice.  
Tonight I will sit on the bleachers of a basketball game.  Tomorrow I will drive to Savannah, MO to sit on the bleachers of three more basketball games.  Lastly, I will go Saturday to a baseball tourney in Oak Grove, MO (where I will more than likely sit on more bleachers).  
Seriously!!!!!!  I wonder sometimes why I'm worn out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment