June 10, 2011

Jamacia (part 1)




Home Sweet Home..............

We had a wonderful time in Jamacia, but there is something to be said for crawling in your own bed after sleeping on sandy sheets for eight days.

We swam, soaked in beach UV rays, searched for Carribean critters, ate more food and drank more fruity drinks than I have.......well.......since our last vacation.   The kids enjoyed the all-inclusive convience of getting cheeseburgers and Supermans (which is part pina colade, part strawberry daquari which blue syrup poured over the top) at a whim.  Eating for them was a form of entertainment.  It is also a form of entertainment for them at home, but not nearly as convienent.  Besides, there is no one here besides mommy to cleap up the mess.  The "Don't Worry About a Thing" song is way more pleasing to listen to than momma ranting about the messes that she has to clean up.


It didn't take long before we found horses on the beach.  Less than 10 minutes on our first night to be exact.  


A jumbo chess board served as a perfect photo op.  I practiced my newly learned depth of field knowledge on Ian and Gracie (and a pawn).



Beaches resorts and Sesame Street have partnered.  Which means Elmo and Cookie Monster were everywhere!  Gracie even found Oscar the Grouch  once or twice.



Unlimited ice cream at the "Sweeties Bar".


.....and all you can eat (whenever and however and however much you wanted).


Sandy beach, turquoise water, Hummingbirds (Rick and I's new favorite fruity drink) and comfy beach chairs.




The resort offered kayaks, catamarans, water tricycles, and banana boats for free.  All you had to do was write down your room number and sign your name.


I will try to post more photos tomorrow.  We jumped into busy life with both feet as soon as we landed in MO Saturday night.  Ryan has played four ball games, him and Ian have weight lifted every morning, he is as we speak at a football camp in Columbia, MO with the H.S. team and Ian is packing for a 4 day trip to Tennessee with his confirmation group from church.  I'm dizzy from it all.  So, if my posts are lacking some this summer, I hope you understand.  Life is in full swing at the Smith house.

I googled the recipe for Rick and I's favorite drink, "The Hummingbird".  I am posting it because I thought you might like to try it.......... and I was to make sure I don't forget.  Hope you get to enjoy it.

HUMMINGBIRD


1/2 oz. Coffee Liquer
1 oz. rum
1 oz. Creme de Bananes
Crushed Ice
Half of a Banana
1 oz Coconut Cream
1 oz Strawberries

Directions are super easy...........
Blend them together


No comments:

Post a Comment