September 13, 2011

Proud as a Peacock

I wish there were a way to bottle certain feelings.  Namely the feeling I had last night at Ryan's second JV football game.  My heart swelled as he caught a pass (while being double covered) and ran for nearly 70 yards .  Then in the fourth quarter, he caught a touchdown pass that doubled my heart rate and plastered a smile across my face.  There is no other feeling like being proud of your offspring.


#84 has his game face on

Yup, that's Ryan, in a headlock.  
Ian is playing his first 8th grade football game and I'm hoping that I get those warm fuzzies again.  You see, Ian is a little timid off the field.  He's quiet and bashful.  But when the ball snaps, the man/child turns into a raging buffalo.  He forgets his manners and charges across that field.  Boys have been known to reposition themselves so they aren't lined up against him.  I'm not just saying this because he's my boy.  It's a known fact.  Besides, it's my blog, and I can brag if I want to!   I can selectively leave out that I had to go to school yesterday to get Ian's phone because he was caught playing "Angry Birds" before school.  Or that I have to run forgotten homework to them at least once a week.  I can also leave out that the monkeys give me sighs and eye rolls almost daily.  I may also fail to tell you that when I pick them up from practice, I have to roll down car windows and spray air freshners in the car.  Teenage boys are officially in my top 10 worst smells.  Therefore, if they do something that makes me happy.......darn right I'm gonna talk about it!

While I'm at it, I might as well brag about my daughter.  She has finally taken interest in her grooming habits!  She loves pretty clothes, high heeled shoes and assessories, but bathing has never concerned her.  Until the last week!!  I have added hair styling to my list of morning rituals.  (please note that I STILL have not missed making breakfast once morning since school started)  What started as an occasional good deed for the kids, has now become an expecatation.  They now ask the night before what they will be eating the next morning.  I've even had a few requests as of late.  I'm afraid that I've created a breakfast monster.  The days of Pop-Tarts and milk with cereal are gone.  Boo-hoo!


Anyway, back to Gracie.  She has been cute as a button for the last week with wavy curls and lip-gloss.  I'm so proud!  She is also going to turn the big 1-0 tomorrow and she made a point to tell me that she wanted that on her cake!  She also said yesterday that she will be taking lots of naps and going to bed early so her birthday will get here quicker.  Funny girl!  She is possibly the sweetest girl on the planet.  I'm never short on hugs and kisses from her.  She's my little side-kick and I love her with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment