July 18, 2011

Summer catch-up


Grace handed me a love note on a dry erase board.  My heart melted, skipped a beat, and then swelled.  I had to capture it on every camera I owned because as we all know, dry erase boards......erase.


We have nearly finished our baseball season.  Only one large tourney left.


It's bittersweet.


That's a lie, it's just bitter!  I could watch Ry play baseball every day of the week.  


Our garden is finally producing edibles.  Banana peppers, onions (red and white), bell peppers, cucumbers, and zucchini.  None of us like zucchini so I'm curious why it's in our garden.  


My flowers are chugging along, no thanks to this Missouri heat wave.  I'm pouring water in the pots twice a day.  Craziness!!!!


This plant managed to survive my "brown" thumb from last year.  It decided to give me another chance. I'm usually not worthy of a plant's forgiveness, but this gem seems to be a little more understanding.


We do manage to grow our fill of weeds.  Early this spring, we had some landscaping done.  Our landscaper is also the freshman basketball coach.....baseball coach......and science teacher.  That is how things work in a small town.  Anyway, we haven't planted anything because........

#1. It's too hot outside.
#2. We need the ground to settle.
#3. I've been particularly lazy as of late.
#4. I've also been a little indecisive..
#5. I'm not fond of the idea of watering anything else at the moment.


Ryan may disown me if he sees this photo.  
I made him help me pick green beans.  
He wasn't too keen on the idea.  
He was in a fowl mood because of it.
He IS a teen.....and I am often his enemy.


No comments:

Post a Comment