July 27, 2011

36 and Kicking

I turned the big

3 - 6

yesterday.   For the last seven years, I've started getting anxiety about a month before my birthday.   Thoughts run through my head like, "Holy cow, lady, you are old"! 

I managed to make it through the day without an anxiety pill...... or an paper bag to breathe into.  I didn't run to the drugstore for denture cream or a walking cane.  I didn't bite anyone's head off when they said, "happy birthday"!  So........kuddos to me!


The highlight of my day was when a track-hoe showed up to dig our pool at 6:45 a.m..  It would have been an even better moment if I weren't in the kitchen in a t-shirt and underwear.  (in order to put pants on, I had to cross the {glass} front door where the nice man was standing.)  There are always moments like this at the Smith home.  Crazy people running around in their underwear.  For heaven's sake!!!  


Rick bought me a cute little underwater camera for the pool.  Not that any of you care.......
but it's 12.1 megapixels and can be submerged up to 10 feet.  I sure wish that I had it when we went to Jamaica a few months back.  It would have been fun to show you all the underwater creatures that we snorkeled with.  I imagine it will also come in handy at water parks.   


I got to visit with my Grandma and Grandpa, which I love doing.
Then I ate with Rick, Gracie, Ian (Ryan was at football camp) and some of my favorite friends at El Nopal.


I had over 130 Facebook, text and emails wishing me happy birthday..... which swelled my head up so big it nearly popped!


Then I watched Ryan run all around field as the boys begin their 2011 football season.


I'm feeling pretty blessed........(and guilty).  
Blessed for all the family and friends I have.
Guilty for being stressed about the number of years I've sucked in oxygen.


So, two days ago, I was 35.  Today, I'm 36.  I guess that is ok.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday. I was 59 this year and I can honestly say each year gets better - enjoy the ride.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
    I have been dying to try the picture from under Queen Ann's Lace since I saw it on Pinterest! Was your photography class awesome?

    ReplyDelete