May 20, 2011

Ya Mon!

I've been getting texts, emails and phone calls about my sudden lack of posts.
Sorry guys.... I'm still sucking in oxygen.
I've just needed a wee break.  

I've been up to my eye balls in a photography class.  I love learning more about it and I hope that it improves my photo taking skills.

I've been gearing up for a family vacation to Jamacia.  
I've done some research on Jamacian English.  It isn't the same as American English.  
For example:
"Is you cawz de accident" means...... "You are the one that caused the accident."
"How yuh nyam summuch?" means......."How do you eat so much?"
"Mi wud radda yu nuh chat to mi." means...... "I would rather you not talk to me."
"I'm jook mi inna mi yeye." means...... "He poked me in the eye."
"Mi madda sey yuh fi lef mi." means..... "My mother said that you are to leave me alone."
"Dat dawta pretty lakka money." "A fi mi dawta." means.... "That daughter is pretty like money." "Is my daughter."
I imagine that all of the sentences will be said by my clan on our trip.


I will try to do better at keeping up friends and family.


Because you are so sweet to stick it out with me.  I will post EVERY DAY until May 28th.  That is the day we leave for Jamacia.  

1 comment:

  1. Life can definitely get in the way of blogging! Remind me of the photography class you're taking...

    ReplyDelete