May 24, 2011

Big Mouth Bass

Several days ago, my red-head ran in the house, gasping for air!!  He shouted, "MOM, MOM, MOM!"  That was my clue to stop whatever I was doing immediately........ and run!  

Many things go through your head when you think something might be wrong with your children.  Maybe the house is on fire, maybe they ran the truck into the side of the barn, maybe the dog is stuck up to the neck in mud, maybe Publishers Clearing House just showed up with a 10 million dollar check?

It didn't take long to discover that it was none of the above.  

The excitement came in the form of a green and yellow, large eyed, big mouth bass!


I wasn't even sure that our tiny little pond was capable of growing a fish that large.


So...... I broke out the camera and snapped away.  Gracie wanted to be included (and I reluctantly agreed because........well........do I really have to explain?)
She may have painted her face at school that day.  She may have came in the house walking backwards because she wanted to surprise me.  She may have came home two other days that week with different designs around her eye balls.  
What have our schools become?  He he!


Ryan wanted me to capture the resemblance between he and the fish.  I see it....... do you?


Then the official weigh-in............ (drumroll please..........)

The winner, weighing in at 4 pounds and 3/10 is Ryan Smith!!!! (and the crowd goes wild...... and so does the mommy)


No comments:

Post a Comment