December 20, 2010

A Lesson From the Grinch

 Wanna know what melts my heart?.....................  Handmade gifts from the monkeys.  Gracie-boo made this and wrapped it in a paperbag with, "I love you Mom" written all over it.  
She had me at the bag!!!!  She was so excited for me to open it.  I gave her lots of hugs!  (and held back the tears)
I love my new snowman.  
 This was the scene at yesterdays church service.  
 Then a ruckus broke out between a wise-man (a.k.a. Ian) and a shepherd (a.k.a. Lane)  They are the same age but clearly the wise-man had an advantage.  Namely size!!!
Then they settled their differences and walked down the isle of our annual Christmas Cantata.  Ian's confirmation class served as the manger scene.  All joking aside, it melted my heart.  A quote from Dr. Suess' book "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" rang in my ears.......

"Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!  "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.  "Maybe Christmas....perhaps....means a little bit more!"


Every year a wave of guilt washes over me.  Our Christmas tree is JAM-PACKED with packages....... and Jesus only received three.

I understand that Jesus is no longer a baby.  However, it is my prayer this Christmas that he will be born in my heart anew...... my husband's heart anew........ my children's heart anew........... and my family's heart anew.

That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment