December 13, 2010

Christmas Festivites Have Begun


Friends..... I'm just about Fa-la-la'ed out!  I wonder sometimes if I do too much running, will I do a 360 and run into myself.  You never know, right?

Rick and I had office party (which was an overnight stay in K.C.) We didn't even stop at the house on the way home to go to the Carroll County Hospital party.  We had lots of fun however I learned something about myself.  
1. My bedtime is a STRICT 10:00 p.m.  I lose my spark after that.  The yawning begins, I think slower, move slower, etc.
2. My wake-up time is a STRICT 7:00 a.m..  Despite a cool room, comfy bed, no children stomping down the stairs, or alarm clocks waking me up.  7:00 it is!!!!  

We ate at a restaurant Friday night on the Plaza called Fogo De Chao.  Then stayed at the Sheridan Suites.  Everything is so pretty at Christmas on the Plaza.  Lights galore and pretty store windows.  I love it!  (just wish that it were a bit warmer!)
This was Gracie's Christmas program from last week. Tuesday the 7th, more specifically.  She had a solo and a speaking part.  I was floored at how well she did.  I hear her sing all the time, so I wasn't surprised about that.  I was mostly in awe of how well she sang in front of a full auditorium!!  She sounded like an angel and I'm very, very proud of her.
 She was also the cutest 3rd grader I've seen in a long, long time.  He he
I love the cocked leg and smirk.  It's so Gracie!!!!
I thought that I would leave you with a photo of our church dinner punch bowl dessert.  I made this one. It's called "Toffee Caramel Trifle".

You bake a cake with a store bought cake mix.  Let it cool.  Divide it into three even sections.  Remove the first section and crumble it into the bottom of your trifle bowl.  We make these for large amounts of people so we multiply the recipe by four.  
Prepare two small boxes of instant pudding.  
Put a 1/3 of the pudding on top of the crumbled cake
Add a layer of whipped cream on top of the pudding.
Drizzle caramel topping over the whipped cream.  (don't get chinsy...in this case.... MORE IS MORE!)
Divide a bad of Health with milk chocolate into 1/3's.  Pour it over the Caramel.  
Then repeat until your trifle reaches the top of your bowl.  

Delish and easy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment