October 15, 2010

I really think I'm losing it.......

 A pair of "honkers" have taken temporary residence on our pond.  I wish there were some way to know if these are the same geese that come every year.  Wouldn't that be awesome if they were!!!

GOOSE #1: "Hey, wanna stop at the Smith pond again?"  "Honk-honk!!!"
GOOSE #2: "Sounds good, but remember they have a large dog?"  "A large slobbery dog!"
GOOSE #1:  "Yeah, I remember, but he is dumb as a box of rocks!"  "Honk-honk."
GOOSE #2:  "Besides, he doesn't move very fast!"
GOOSE # 1:  "Honk-honk!"

I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking that I could be a playwright, huh?  It would be called, "THE HONKERS"
I haven't seen Goose 1 or Goose 2 since they flew off in this picture.  Guess the strange lady with the camera scared them off.  I have something funny to share though......... they were flying in the wrong direction.  South is a 180 degree turn.  Hehe.  Guess they aren't the smartest geese in the flock.  Maybe that's why they stop on our pond every year!
I thought I would share some of the things occupying my porch at the moment.  Pumpkins, gourds, straw bales, bees, caterpillars, and mums. 

A little disgusting, yet strangely appealing.  Figure that one out?
It was my deep intention to write a story about Mr. Caterpillar.  It's not going to happen though.  At least not now.  I can't get over this terrible feeling that he isn't going to morph into a butterfly before Winter.  That sorta makes a sick feeling in my belly.  So forgive me if I'm not feeling particularly creative about his life.  These questions are running through my mind.

What is he searching for on my mum?
Is he aware that a frost is coming and he is going to be frozen like a Popsicle?
Or is he thinking that there is all the time in the world to morph?
Does he like oak leaves or maple leaves?
How many legs does he have?

Can you tell I'm tormented by this????  Really..... I need to get a life!!!!
Please morph little caterpillar.  So I can write a story about you!!!!!

By the way.  I've always said caterpillars like this.............catepillars.  I've left out the r.  It seems really weird to say it with an r. 
Did you know that I sang "Jingle Bells" wrong until I was in my 20's?  Apparently a one-horse slope-n-sleigh does not exist.  However a one-horse open sleigh does.  Did you know that I pronounced toilet...........tow-let until I married Rick?  Bet ya didn't. 

Are you worried?  Yah, me too!!!

2 comments:

  1. When your Grandma & Grandpa lived at Clinton Lake (way back when), a pair of geese stayed around their trailer. She named them George & Martha! Maybe your geese are distant cousins....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, ya never know! I could name these Bill and Hilary. (but I like the geese too much).

    ReplyDelete