June 17, 2010

Heel to Toe

Before Gracie was born, I wondered what it would be like to have a little girl. I loved being a momma to two boys but it's only natural......... right? When I found out that she indeed was a girl, my heart fluttered! Her closet was filled with pink before she was even born. I bought her fancy hair bows and barrettes. Frilly outfits and matching socks and shoes.
The first time I saw her I noticed her long eye lashes and bright blue eyes.
Now she is eight years old. She will no longer wear big bows in her hair. She has become very independent. I noticed this towards the end of the school year when she asked if she could start picking out her clothes for school. Ugh, I guess. My thoughts were, "Oh my, this child hasn't a clue how to match her clothes." Well guess what, she didn't do that bad!!!

We were at a baseball tournament last weekend in Kansas City. We took Ryan and Ian into American Eagle and Hollister. Two stores that make me think..... teenager!!!! She asked if she could pick out an outfit. (sigh) I guess we can look. The above photos are the clothes that she picked. Once again, I'm pleasantly surprised!!! When she first put them on her hips were swaying and her arms swinging. The entire time, her eyes were planted on herself. Good thing there wasn't a pole in front of her. hehe!!! She was proud of her choice, proud that she is finally able to wear teen clothes, and proud that she felt so pretty.

So, we did a mini photo session.
Then Gus licked her leg.
She was really grossed out!!! REALLY, REALLY GROSSED OUT!
She couldn't take another picture until the dog slobber was OFF OF HER!!!!!!

Shortly after this we headed to the city again for baseball practice. She politely asked for a matching pair of shoes for her outfit. I felt my heart tugging. I remembered all those baby outfits with matching socks and shoes. Then I gulped, and agreed. "OK, you can have ANOTHER pair of shoes."
If you've ever wondered what kind of monster buying an infant 1,345,984 pink outfits would create, this is your answer.
My baby is now wearing high heels. She says that since she plays Fashion Designer on her DS, she now knows how to dress. And how to walk.

She gave me instructions. Heel to toe, heel to toe, heel to toe. That's how you walk in high heels (in case you ever wondered). I, myself, did not inherit the diva gene, so I don't wonder about those sorts of things. She also showed me how models stand. With one leg slightly bent. Like this..............

I love that she has scratches and bruises on her legs and high heels on her feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment