April 22, 2010

A Week In My Life (day 4)

Happy Earth Day!!!!!!

6:30 Alarm goes off
6:35 Wake up the kids and lay out clothes for Gracie

She is already concerned for Cookie (the surviving rabbit). So after she is dressed, she heads out to check on him/her. When I talk to Gracie, I refer to Cookie as she. Although, I really have no clue? That makes her happy, so............ so be it!!

7:15 I take the kids to school because I have lots of errands in town to do. After making it all the way to town, Ryan informs me that he has left his backpack at home. He has his algebra book in it and he needs it by 12:30. That means......... another trip to town.

7:45 All the monkeys are delivered to their schools and I head to Westlake's Hardware to buy two bushes for the front porch. I have two empty large pots that need to be filled. I find what I want plus a nice flowering weeping cherry tree. I decide that I MUST have it.

8:30 I'm back home. I work on yesterday's blog, clean a bit and start the never-ending flow of laundry.
10:00 I head back to town to take Ryan his backpack.

10:30 Tanning at Sophisticuts

10:50 I run to Hometown Pharmacy to buy Gracie a Webkin that she wanted. I'm still hurting for her. While I'm there, I pick up some things from a friend that sells Mary Kay. A girl has to have her make-up!!!!
11:30 I'm home again. Now it's pouring. I suppose that baseball practice is cancelled tonight. Whew!! Kinda glad. (is that bad of me?)

"The Box Lady" delivers Ryan's much anticipated Nikeid shoes. He custom made these on the computer. They were a little pricey, but he is super excited about them. Ryan studies shoes. He knows what he likes, and what he doesn't.

I put at least five more loads of laundry through the washer and dryer. I love the feeling when laundry is done. It doesn't happen often and when it does, it doesn't last. There is ALWAYS laundry at my house!!!


2:30 I head back to town to pick up the kids. This is what my drive down Calhoun St. looks like. Today is dreary and rainy. I sometimes like these days.
This is where I park to wait on the boys to get out of school. I usually read or check status updates on Facebook.
I have all the kids in the car. Ryan is reading Gracie's library book. He tells me that "Calvin and Hobbs" is his favorite book. Ugh! Really?
Gracie is also reading.
Ian is hiding because he has entered this "don't take pictures of me" phase. It is totally driving me crazy. Every time I point the camera at him, his arm goes over his face.
Gracie shows me her back bend
There were no tears tonight about Nibbles. She said that one of her classmate's hedgehog died the same night as Nibbles. She said that they made each other feel better and talked about their pets during recess.

Our evening was uneventful.
Rick was working in the E.R. in Boonville, MO. So I made an easy dinner of eggs, sausage and rolls. The kids would eat breakfast three times a day, I think.

We watched Avatar together. It was relaxing. I thought several times about how thankful I was to be home and not driving in the city today.

Since Rick was gone, Gracie slept with me. She read books while I read a magazine.

All in all.......... it was a nice day.

During my Bible study today I read these verses,

"O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD."
Psalm 139:1-4

This reminds me that God knows all my junk, and still loves me. It also tells me that he is in every single situation that I face every day. Every time slot that I have filled in the last fours days, He has been there. That comforts me more than I can tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment