April 12, 2010

Spring is springing


Just when I think I should pack my bags and move to a warmer state, Missouri throws me gorgeous weather.
I thought it would be interesting to show what is blooming in our yard this week.
This is our gorgeous Bradford Pear. We have two in the front yard. Although they were planted at the same time, one is far prettier and fuller than the other.
This is a Redbud that I planted last Spring. Redbuds aren't my favorite tree. I love them while they are blooming but after that they seem ugly to me. I wish that they would stay purple all summer.
I have planted four new flowering trees this Spring. This is one of them. It's a flowering Crabapple. They are highly scented. I cannot wait until this beauty matures. I know that I will look forward to it every Spring.

I've planted 8 rose bushes. Two of them are already blooming. I love the bright yellow. I cannot wait to fill my vases this summer with these gems.
I paused a minute to capture a sillouette photo of Ian. Our boys spend hours upon hours shooting hoops in the summer. I love this picture!!!
Here are some tulips that I planted last Fall. I have lived in this house for 5 1/2 years and never planted a bulb. I'm so glad that I finally took the time to do it. I'm really enjoying my Spring bouquets.
The last flower photo for today. Isn't she divine?
Gracie and Ian were riding bikes before sunset. I thought it was funny that Gracie was in her pajamas with no shoes.
Then she got chilly, so she went inside to put pajama bottoms on and her cowgirl hat. I love the knotted detail in the front on her gown. So chic!

The sun went down and we all went inside.
I look forward to the kids being out of school. No schedules, no bedtimes, and long days.
Doesn't it make you crave a glass of lemonade and a ripe garden tomato. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment