March 31, 2010

April Fool's Day

It's April Fools Day!!!!!!!!!!

I'm usually not much of a practical joker. But I've always thought it would be fun to have something like this for a supper...............
It's meatloaf and mashed potatoes disguised as a piece of pie.
Then have this for dessert. It's disguised as chicken-pot-pie.

Recipes are here and here

Once we came home and found two baby pigs in the back yard. It was a one acre yard and these smelly lil' burgers weren't tame. Needless to say, it took four adults to catch them. I really hate admitting that it was sort-of funny.


Well, moving on to family business. And boy of boy do I have some good stuff.


Gracie comes home with treasures in her backpack. I cannot help but save these things. I throw away probably 90% of it. But that other 10%, well, it's priceless!

I thought you would enjoy her latest treasures. In case you cannot read what she has written on the papers, I will type what they say. (Just as she has written them!)
Dear Magy,

Did you like thoose (those) girls at the asibly (assembly) today?
Can you spind (spend) the night with me on Friday? Why do you love
Jadon alot? Do you still love Brock Gout? I love Westley. Do you
think thats true or not? Your a good friend. Your my best friend. I
like your hair.

love,
Gracie

The last sentence made me laugh.

The second letter is a rough draft from Martin Luther King's Birthday.
Let me tell you about Martin Luther King, Jr.. There was a man named Martin Luther King, Jr. He was born on January 15, 1929. He gave an awesom (awesome) sppech so every colored one got equal rights as the whites did. A cuple (couple) years after that day he won the Nobel Peace Prize. He was in a hotel and a guy shot him in the back of his head and that was the last of his life, but people still celebrate his birthday on the third Monday in January. Aren't you glad he fought for equal rights.

THE END

This is what her teacher said about her after the third quarter........
Gracie is a very strong second grader. She has great writing skills. I hope someday she an have a horse. She has some wonderful stories about them.

Ryan and Ian have also been bringing home some treasures.
They had an awards assembly for last year's MAP testing.

Ryan won two awards
Ian won three awards
Including this mac-daddy.
I know it doesn't mean much to most of you, trust me, it's a big deal!!

It means that they both got their brains from their Dad.

I also have a sneak peek.

TOP SECRET!!!!!


TWO LITTLE CARROT EATERS!!!!

2 comments: