September 20, 2009

September weekends

This weekend, as most are, was jam-packed. I remember when I was growing up, we would rent four or five movies, get comfy in the living room, and watch them. Our family does good to watch the DVR movies that we have recorded. It's a busy life for us. And for the most part, I love it.

Our weekend started immediately after school. I picked up Gracie and her friend Magy. They are quite a pair. So different than boys. Giggle, giggle, giggle. We played dress-up (and fashion show), cooked with our Easy-Bake Oven, took a ride on the 4-wheeler, and made some pizzas. Whew!!!!


Magy and Gracie are pretending to eat their uncooked pizzas. However, they really did. They ate more uncooked than they did after it was baked. CRAZY kids!!!!
Our 4-wheeler ride ended quickly after we saw this beast!!! It totally freaked the girls out. They opted for indoor play after that.
This is the girls version of silly faces. I agree, they are pretty silly. No matter how hard they tried though, these girls are still cuter than bug's ears. (as my Grandma used to say)


Ryan has baseball practice in Liberty so we utilized all resources. Grandma!!!!! Grandma Janice took Ryan to the city so I could watch Ian's first football game. Rick is the coach, so he cannot miss. All of Ryan's practices are at the same time as Ian's games. So, I'm afraid that I'm going to miss a few. :( It truly puts a pit in my stomach!!!! Rick and I rarely miss games.

This is Brett. He has been one of Ian's best friends since, well, maybe diapers. His parents are super friends of ours too. And, well, I love this kid.
The guy pictured beside Brett, well, I love him too. He is the coach!!! The Daddy!!! The fan!!!

This particular league is 6th and 7th grade. Ian is in 6th. He has one more year until he will play for the school. Then our Saturdays will be open in the fall. I'm not sure how to digest that. We haven't had a fall Saturday since........hummm......I cannot remember? Ian is number 18. See him on the right making a tackle. Hey, number 18 is my kid. I'm his mom. Watch him.
After the game we took a couple extra kiddos home. One of our best friends, Nancy, had a birthday. Her husband took her out for a day of shopping and one-on-one time. We gladly took the boys. Rick took them to the farm and they worked on deer stands and such. Probably more "such" than working on deer stands. As payment for their hard labor, we lit up a bon-fire and roasted hot dogs, and smores. Ahhh, I love bonfires people!!
Last, but not least, we woke up at the crack of dawn Sunday morning to head to Liberty. Ryan's game, of course. He pitched the first game. The team struggled some this weekend. I'm not sure if it was the early start or the partying the night before (just kidding). We lost both games. Sad

We ate at Texas Roadhouse (Rick's fav.) then boogied home for youth group.

I'm beat guys. Guess what? We get to do it all over again this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment