June 23, 2009

This Momma misses her boy

The night before leaving for camp, we got a phone call.... The only other kid attending this camp with Ian, cancelled.  His mom had a baby a week and a half ago and he didn't want to leave her.  So, Ian was going to be with complete strangers.  We have always planned camps where the counselors were from our church.  This year, that didn't work out.  
Ian isn't an outgoing boy.  He is bashful and timid.  If someone doesn't speak to him first, they probably won't talk.  To top everything off, when I left him, he was the only boy in his group.  Hopefully there will be another boy show up.  Please, please, please, let there be another boy!!!!   So, needless to say, I'm a little worried!!!
I wanted to love and squeeze on him before I left, but didn't want to embarrass him.  I could tell he didn't want me to either.  So, I said my good-byes and headed down to road.  
It's so hard leaving when I know I won't be able to talk to him for a whole week.  I have no idea if he has made any friends or if he is enjoying himself.  I'm worried about the 109 degree heat and the lake and snakes and..... geez.... I'm worried about it all!!!!!
Saturday morning cannot get here soon enough!!!!
I always enjoy seeing this at the exit every year.  It's a little reminder for me to pray for Ian.  Although, I doubt I need a reminder this year.  As I mentioned yesterday, if you are reading this.  I'm begging you to pray for him.  I am probably worried about nothing.  But he's my baby and I love him.  If it was Ryan or Gracie, I wouldn't be nearly so anxious.  If you know anything about my kiddos, you will understand that.

We picked out his bunk.  (he chose the bottom bunk this year), made a name tag for the bed in the "great room", then found a place for the million things I brought him this year.  Hopefully I am a little more prepared than I have been in the past.  I always forget something.  Last year, I forgot Ian's pillow.  He reminded me just this morning how uncomfortable that was.  (guilt trip)  One year, I forgot to pack Ryan underwear.  I'm sure that will be said at my funeral.  I am reminded ALL the time.  I DIDN'T FORGET THE UNDERWEAR THIS TIME!!!!!!  I did remember snacks.  That should be extra credit points to make up for my past mistakes, right?


On to another topic....  Rhino had a game last night.  It was melting hot, but they pulled out another win, yeah!!!  They all hit well.  I guess we are playing at home Wednesday.  Yippee, no traveling!!!!  It will be a double-header.  Sure hope the temp. drops about 10 degrees.

After awhile, crocodiles!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment