June 25, 2009

Coach-Pitch for Gracie/ two 80's legends die

The heat index was probably 110 degrees this evening.  Sweat was pouring off everyone.  I'm not sure how the little ones were able to play.  Poor things :(
As you can see in this picture, Ryan wasn't too thrilled to be there.
Gracie is standing on 3rd base.  One of her coaches is a friend of mine from high school.  He was in my grade from 1st grade (that's when I moved to Hamilton, MO) till our senior year.  His wife is also a friend and fellow Hamilton alumni, Jenny Hill.  
Swing, batter, batter!!!!!  I have really seen an improvement since the season began.  She made it on base every time in this double-header.  We may have a pro on our hands :)
Gracie guarding her base
Between games the team took a "break".  They all sat on a bench and drank their Gatorades.
She gets so serious when she's in the field.  I think it's from watching big brother's games.

In the 80's, I was a HUGE Michael Jackson fan.  I knew all his songs and could mimic his moon walk.  I remember my Aunt Diana having posters of him covering her walls!!!!
In the 90's he was a headliner in the news for inappropriate relations with a young boy.  So, I signed out of the fan-club.  I couldn't support that.  I think that he was a deeply troubled person.  I found out during Gracie's game that Michael Jackson died at the age of 50.  People are calling him the "King of Pop".  I just hope that he knew the "KING of Kings".  One person posted on Facebook, MJ.... RIP.  I hope that he is but somehow, I doubt it.  I saw no evidence of a man that lead a God fearing life.  
Anyway, that's my opinion.  Hope it doesn't offend.

Another legend died today, Farrah Fawcett.  She was diagnosed with anal cancer three years ago.   Such a strange day.

I didn't figure that I would be able to post in the morning.  I'm heading to meet a H.S. friend.  Then I'm off to a office dinner with Rick.  He has told me three times where we are going, but I keep forgetting.  I will let you know afterwards.  Silly me!!!

I am another day closer to getting Ian.  So excited to see my young man.  I found this verse tonight and I wanted to share it.  It would make alot more sense if you read the whole chapter.  (that's your challenge from me)

Deuteronomy 31:13 (New International Version)

13 Their children, who do not know this law, must hear it and learn to fear the LORD your God as long as you live in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess."



No comments:

Post a Comment