April 23, 2009

Gus, you stink!


Question:
Have you ever found something so gross in your fridge that you threw it away, Tupperware and all?
Have you ever found your kids sippy cup in the car, curdled and smelly?  Then figured it wasn't worth the trouble of cleaning,  and tossed it?

I could go on and on.

Well, all I can say is.......you shouldn't throw your dog away.  That is exactly what I wanted to do this morning.  
I woke up, picked clothes out for Gracie to wear.  Ian comes into the bedroom with a look of disgust on his face.  I wish I could describe how his face was twisted and his eyes were wild.  Without a picture of the event, there is no way. I knew immediately after looking at him that something was really array.  He says seriously...VERY SERIOUSLY, "MOM, something really bad stinks in the living room, I think it's poop.  It seems like it's coming from Gus' cage!"  

UUUGGGHH!  My heart dropped.  I'm not ready for this already.  Is this how my day is going to go.
Gracie had just told me minutes before that she wished that she was a mom, " because you can rest when you want to".  Does she want to be a mom now?  I doubt it.
I try to muster up the energy to face yet another life crisis in the Smith home.  "GUS, GET OUTSIDE, NOW!!!!!!!  Gus is sulking.  He is nearly stepping on his lower jaw because he is so ashamed.  Usually he takes his sweet time waking up.  He will stretch, walk a little bit, sit down.  The whole time, I'm waiting by the door.  Hollering for him to hurry.  Have I mentioned that Bulldogs are stubborn.  Not today, he ran to the door.  It was almost like he was trying to get away from the smell that was on his butt.  

Ian hadn't exaggerated the smell.  It was horrific!!!  It permeated the entire east side of the house.  Bad....bad....bad!!!!  I'm gagging.  How in the world am I going to wash that dog.  Outside, definitely!!!!!  And a brush with a very long handle.  A gas mask could come in handy. ( I also haven't mentioned that I have a weak stomach. )
The dog is now clean.  The cage isn't.  It's sitting in the driveway....waiting.  Waiting for me to brave the second round.  It's going to have to wait a little bit.  Or maybe I could just toss it like an old sippy cup?  At least I didn't toss the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment