January 27, 2009

Laundry




Another day, another 10 loads of laundry.  That's what I did almost all day yesterday.  It feels so good to be done though.  Ahhhh.  Love that feeling.  I'm sure tomorrow will have another load or two ready for me.  I know that I am on a soapbox, but I cannot figure out where it all comes from.  I think that we have little monsters that dirty clothes in our house at night.  Couldn't be my kids.  
I worked in Gracie's classroom as I do every Monday.  I seem to dread going but I'm always glad that I went.  They are just such cute lil' rascals.  I enjoy Shane (so ornery), Austin (love the glasses) and Westley (so smart).  But my favorite by far is my precious Gracie.  She always hugs and smooches on me in front of her friends.  It's like she's saying, "ha ha, my mom is here and yours isn't".  Of course I accept them gladly.  Yesterday was especially special because she was awarded Terrific Kid while I was there.  They announced her name over the intercom.  She pranced down the steps with a big grin on her face, then pranced back up holding a packet of goodies.  A bumper sticker, certificate, coupon for a free ice cream cone, a pin (which she proudly showed everyone she crossed yesterday evening.  Then wore sported again before school this morning.  Those poor people who nominated her will never hear the end of it.

So, the big deal of the week happened last night.  I humbled myself before many and graced the doors of Weight Watchers.  It was hard and so embarrassing.  I am not the typical attendee.  I don't need to lose a gross amount of weight.  I just don't want to get there.  I haven't been able to do it on my own.   I knew that I needed a little push.  My goal is to lose 10 to 15 pounds before my trip in April to Las Vegas.  Doesn't sound like much but it is a oh-so-big-deal to me.  I am going to the swimming pool while I'm there.  Fat or not.  I would so much rather be comfortable in my skin.  I will post weekly of my progress.  Anyway, I bought a little 3 month tracker while I was there and a points calculator.  I plan to be faithful about using them.  Nothing can enter my mouth unless it is entered in the book.  This will hopefully cut out my mindless eating.  It adds up, ya know?  I love the quote on my tracker book.  It says, "Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels."  This will be my motto for the week.

It's Tuesday and I have ironed for 3 hours.  Thought that laundry was done, huh?  Never!  I had to sit down for a little while to rest my achy-brakey back.  So, it made sense to me to write another post.  Till later..........


No comments:

Post a Comment