January 6, 2009

January 6th, 2009,

A new year means new beginnings.  I've always tried to keep a journal.  As a matter of fact, I have 30 or 40 laying around the house.  I usually write in it for two or three days.  Then I forget and start a new one.  I always called them do-overs.  I made the joke that God lets me have a do-over as often as I start a journal.  Which was often.  So, it is my hope that this can be the last do-over for a while.   But I will be honest.  I'm not sure how often I will write.  I have good intentions.  I want to write everyday.  But life is busy and this probably isn't top priority to me.  

So, if you get a link to this, it must mean that you are pretty special to me.  I'm crazy private about my thoughts.  So forgive me if I hold some things back.  

I am a wife of 15 1/2 years.  I don't feel like I could be old enough to be married that long.  But basic math tells me I have.  I married Rick Smith 7-3-1993.  I was a mere baby.  17 years old.  Soon to be 18.  We waited until I graduated from high school.  Rick was in his last year of medical school.  I found odd jobs in day care centers and preschools until we had a little one of our own on 1-22-1996.  That was the last day I worked outside of the home.  That lil' bundle of joy is almost 13 years old now, his name is Ryan Christopher.  I had his lil' brother, Ian Michael, on May 19, 1998.  Then his lil' sister, Emma Grace on Sept. 14, 2001.  Life is crazy and busy.  We have had lots of ups and downs, but mostly ups.  

I hope to be able to fill you in on my life through this new, modern medium.   To think that I didn't even know what internet was (and I'm not sure most people did) when I married.  Now we can communicate almost entirely virtual.  I even did most of my Christmas shopping without leaving my home this year.

With Love,
Mandy Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment